[ghc-steering-committee] Managing github notifications?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Nov 26 14:06:10 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 26.11.2019, 19:39 +0700 schrieb Sandy Maguire:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has a good strategy for dealing with github
> noise. Right now I feel like I need to choose between silence and
> overwhelming volume, and neither is good for me to do my job on this
> committee.
>
> I'd like to be informed when someone opens a new proposal PR in order
> to read it, but not for any of the follow-up commentary. As best I
> can tell, there is no github option that allows for this.
>
> Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.

 * I follow the repository, so by default I get mails
 * I filter the ghc-proposals-related GitHub mails into a separate
   folder – but not because they are too many, but because I want to be
   able to “mark all as read” in my GitHub folder without losing
   proposals mail.
 * If a proposal gets too noisy or doesn’t interest me, I click the
   “unsubscribe” link at the bottom. GitHub will automatically re-subs
   cribe me if my name, or the name of the team.

  mail at joachim-breitner.de