[ghc-steering-committee] New Github process now in place

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Mon May 20 08:39:07 UTC 2019

Hi,

Am Montag, den 06.05.2019, 18:32 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> Am Mittwoch, den 01.05.2019, 20:51 +0200 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > There are three possible changes to consider, plus the option of doing
> > nothing. The options are
> >
> > A. All discussion on GitHub.
> > B. Shepherd discussion looming rejection with the authors first.
> > AB. The combination of the two above
> > 0. Do nothing.
>
> Votes so far:
> AB > B > A > 0 Joachim, Simon, Simon, Chris, Eric, Richard
> AB > A > B > 0 Vitaly, Iavor
> B > 0 > A > AB Manuel
>
> No vote from Ben, but I think we can go ahead with AB, which is already
> ready to be merged at
> https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/225

Merged, this is now official. Please review the section
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals#committee-process
to have an overview of the new process, and start discussing things on
Github.

We can re-evaluate whether this was a good idea in a few months.

I re-labeled the following proposal as waiting for shepherd
recommendation:

Provenance-Qualified Package Imports
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/115
Shepherd: Ben