[ghc-steering-committee] Deprecating Exports (#134); Recommendation: accept

Iavor Diatchki iavor.diatchki at gmail.com
Thu May 24 17:04:45 UTC 2018

I have a bunch of question about this proposal, but I wrote them on the
proposal discussion page, as this is what folks asked for, last time I had
some questions.   I think answering them would make the proposal more
clear.

It seems to me that the use of this extension is somewhat limited, but it
could be useful on occasion so I could take it or leave it.    It's been a
while since I've looked at the GHC source, but I don't think that
implementing this would be completely trivial, as I don't thing GHC
currently cares about *how* names came to in scope, just what they refer
to.   But, I believe this is usually not a big factor in our discussions,
just though I'd mention it.

-Iavor