[ghc-steering-committee] Proposal: Type Fixity (#65), Recommendation: Reject

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Sep 20 16:23:51 UTC 2017

Hi,

the type fixity proposal
(https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/65)
was met with mixed reactions.

 * I recommended rejection and Manuel strongly agrees with me.
 * SPJ does not have strong opinions either way.
 * Richard is in favor, and Iavor agrees.

Our process says “If consensus is elusive, then we vote, with the
Simons retaining veto power.” It looks like this might be such a case.
Should we go ahead and vote, or is more discussion likely to sway some
of us?

(I guess I can be swayed towards acceptance, especially if this
proposal re-uses existing syntactic idioms from export lists with
ExplicitNamespaces on.)

Greetings,
Joachim