[ghc-steering-committee] Status

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Fri Sep 8 15:32:33 UTC 2017

Hi,

off the floor at the Haskell Symposium, the current status. I think
many of us are here in Oxford. I guess we could try to meet in person
and work off the backlog simply by quick real-live discussion – but
maybe people have better things to do, and not all of us are here. So
let’s just carry on as usual.

Since the last status update one new proposals has come up for
deliberation, and one proposals was accepted.

Open at the moment are:

NOUNPACK on function arguments
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/46
Shepherd: Simon Marlow
look if the proposal text is reflecting all that discussion.
(Still waiting on @treeowl.)

Lazy unboxed tuples
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/35
Shepherd: Ryan Newton

Explicit foralls proposal
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/55
Shepherd: Simon Peyton Jones
emerging.

Mutable constructor fields
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/8
Shepherd: Ryan Newton

Or Patterns
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/43
Shepherd: Manuel Chakravarty

Type fixity
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/65
Shepherd: Joachim Breitner
need to either continue debating or *gasp* actually vote.

Besides these, there are some proposals actively under discussion. You
can always check them out at
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+no%3Alabel

Greetings,

  mail at joachim-breitner.de