[ghc-steering-committee] What should we start with?

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Thu Jan 19 04:27:05 UTC 2017

Hi,

good to have a mailing list, thanks to whoever set it up.

I would like to see us warming up by handling a first proposal before
all of us forget that we are on this committee. Which should we get
started on?

There are two that have the “Pending review” label: Levity Polymorphism
and OverloadedRecordFields
https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/labels/Pending%20committee%20review
According to our process documents, this label setting should have
already triggered our part of the process!

We could also look for proposals that have not been updated in a while
(you can sort by that in the issue list) for example
* Optional tuple parenthesization <https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/19>
* Stack pointer stuff <https://github.com/ghc-proposals/ghc-proposals/pull/17>
and others.
I pinged a few random old proposals and asked them to maybe move
forward (or abandon).

Greetings,

Joachim “nomeata” Breitner
  mail at joachim-breitner.dehttps://www.joachim-breitner.de/