Cabal woe

amindfv at mailbox.org amindfv at mailbox.org
Thu Jul 11 02:59:18 UTC 2024

On Wed, Jul 10, 2024 at 12:52:10PM +0200, Tom Smeding wrote:
> [...]
> Furthermore, as already noted indirectly by Oleg, GHC environment files are
> human-readable, if not very easily human-writable.

They're actually pretty human-writable too. The script I've written to regain simple ghci workflows more or less just copies `package-id` lines from one environment file to another. I have to make sure I don't end up with different versions of transitive dependencies, but it actually works beautifully for keeping a default set of packages that's much larger than just `base`.

Tom