Installing GHC on my MacBook Air

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 17:17:18 UTC 2023

Hi Bill,

It's easy to forget to do replay all in gmail but it's important to do so
in these emails.

In your original email you wrote:

After installing the compiler, my laptop said its processor was wrong for
the binary distribution I chose. If there is a dmg file for *MacOS 12.5.1,*
please please link your reply to it.

Can you confirm that you no longer have the problem "of processor was wrong
for the binary distribution I chose." ?

My understanding is that after that you got the error:

libHSterminfo-0.4.1.5-ghc9.4.4.dylib” can’t be opened because Apple cannot
check it for malicious software.

I then suggested you had encountered
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/21506#note_447206  and I
suggested you do:

 rm -fr /usr/local/bin/ghc*
rm -fr /usr/local/lib/ghc*
./configure
sudo xattr -rc .
sudo make install

You said you did and got a warning "that some program wanted to access my
photos when I don't have any."

Can you repeat those steps and cut and paste your terminal session into an
email?

Unfortunately I am too busy to continue replying but with the above I think
somebody will be able to help you.

Cheers,
George