Installing GHC on my MacBook Air

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 16:03:36 UTC 2023

Hi Bill

I'm cc'ing GHC dev and GHC users as someone else may have a better answer,
catch a mistake I made etc. Please don't delete them.

I believe you have encountered
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/21506#note_447206

I believe the way to fix this is to do the following:

rm -fr /usr/local/bin/ghc*
rm -fr /usr/local/lib/ghc*
./configure
sudo xattr -rc .
sudo make install

However I am unsure why you are encountering this as the issue is supposed
to have been fixed.

Cheers
George