Coordination on FreeBSD CI, default WinIO and Info Tables profiling work

Hécate hecate at glitchbra.in
Wed Mar 15 15:28:56 UTC 2023

Hi everyone,

I have created topical aggregators of tickets that go beyond the rhythm
of releases (aka. "epics") for  the following topics:

* Info Tables Profiling: https://gitlab.haskell.org/groups/ghc/-/epics/3

* Setting WinIO "on" by default:
https://gitlab.haskell.org/groups/ghc/-/epics/4

* FreeBSD CI revival: https://gitlab.haskell.org/groups/ghc/-/epics/5

These epics have no deadline and their purpose is to track the evolution
of our workload for certain "big" tasks that go beyond a single ticket.

They are also useful as they are a (albeit imprecise) tool to help
determine after the fact the magnitude of a project and the efforts it
took. This will certainly be helpful for future estimations.

And finally their prime purpose is to enable more awareness about our
co-contributors work, so that we get all a better sense of what it takes
to do certain things. :)

Please do feel free to create your own for projects that are not fit for
a single milestone (or are not related to release milestones at all).

Cheers,
Hécate

--
Hécate ✨