FFI changes?

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Thu Jan 26 22:00:02 UTC 2023

Dominick Samperi <djsamperi at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I have been working with a program that uses FFI to communicate with R
> for several years, but today there is a segmentation fault while
> importing functions or data from R. Before giving up on this project,
> I'm posting a few detail here, in case anybody has ideas...perhaps
> something changed with FFI?

Hi Dominick,

As far as I know nothing should have changed that would break
previously-correct FFI programs.

More information would be helpful: Which GHC version are you using?
Which platform are you running on? Can you provide a reproducer?
If so, please open a ticket [1].

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/new