Status of ghcup?

Dominick Samperi djsamperi at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 23:23:07 UTC 2023

I watched an interesting YouTube video explaining how to install and use
the Haskell extension in VS code, but the information appears to be
obsolete, because there is no mention of ghcup, and ghcup is now
required, along with a new version of the Haskell extension (the old one
is labeled "legacy").

Unfortunately, I could not install ghcup on Windows due to obscure
PowerShell
security issues, or missing libraries in MSYS. While wrestling with this
problem
I discovered that Unix tools from Rtools must not be in PATH while working
with Stack, probably due to incompatible MSYS versions. But removing Rtools
from PATH does not resolve the ghcup installation problems.

Any tips on ghcup installation under Windows would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dominick