[ANNOUNCE] GHC 9.6.1-alpha3 is now available

George Colpitts george.colpitts at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 17:51:22 UTC 2023

Hi Ben

Thanks for replying.

As I mentioned in my original email I'm on Ventura,13.2.1, I just upgraded
to that before installing alpha3.

I have command line tools. I did the following to reinstall them and got
the same results stated in my email:

 sudo rm -rf /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools
Password:
bash-3.2$ xcode-select --install
xcode-select: note: install requested for command line developer tools

Looking more carefully at the error message:

checking Xcode version... xcode-select: error: tool 'xcodebuild' requires
> Xcode, but active developer directory '/Library/Developer/CommandLin
eTools'
> is a command line tools instance
> not found (too old?)

It seems to be saying that I need Xcode not command line tools. That's also
consistent with the linker warning message:

ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/Applications/*Xcode.app*
/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX12.1.sdk/usr/lib'

There is no urgency on my part to get this resolved. We may want to just
wait to see if anybody else on 13.2.1 got this also.

Thanks
George