How do you build GHC 9.2.4 cross compilers for windows?

Ben Gamari ben at smart-cactus.org
Wed Nov 16 18:57:04 UTC 2022

Moritz Angermann <moritz.angermann at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to build a 9.2.4 windows cross compiler? Hadrian seems
> to get in
> the way a lot?
>
> This is the essence of what we tried to get working:
>
> ./configure --enable-bootstrap-with-devel-snapshot
> --build=x86_64-apple-darwin --host=x86_64-apple-darwin
> --target=x86_64-w64-mingw32
> hadrian --flavour=default+no_dynamic_ghc --docs=no-sphinx -j
>
> Can someone please advise how this is supposed to be built now?

Can you explain what went wrong? In general cross-compiling for Windows
should be like any other target.  Sadly I've been unable to test Windows
in particular due to a nixpkgs bug [1] but I have had plenty of luck
compiling for other platforms.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/issues/144126