Haddock needs help

Mikolaj Konarski mikolaj at well-typed.com
Thu May 26 15:12:45 UTC 2022

Talking as a Haskell user, but also a cabal maintainer:
the Haddock work Hécate describes is crucial for the health
and efficiency of the whole ecosystem and the sooner
we can start it, the less drag it's going to have on the rest.

Given that GHC expertise is not necessary for many
of the tasks involved, could we forward this message
to other media? I don't think there is shame in disclosing
technical debt (as opposed to hiding it) and I think the way
it's worded, it may be viewed as a challenge, not a turn-off.
Still, are there any suggestions on how to tweak the text
before an announcement on discourse, reddit, etc.?
Would, e.g., HF, like to chime in early in each of the ensuing
discussions? If so, how would we know where it gets posted to?

Cheers,
Mikolaj