Type vs Constraint

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Thu May 26 08:39:09 UTC 2022

Dear GHC devs and core libraries committee

Can I draw your attention to

https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/21623

This ticket makes specific proposals for how to move forward on the
long-standing, and increasingly painful issue of *whether or not Constraint
and Type are equal in GHC's type system*.

We'd love to know what you think.  Please respond on the ticket.  The
changes affect only GHC internals, so we aren't planning a GHC proposal,
but the ticket is essentially a full proposal anyway.  It affects only GHC
internals, but there are some users who rely on GHC internals, which is why
we are seeking your opinions.

Thanks