Release Status - 9.4.1-alpha2/9.2.3/9.0.* series

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:33:21 UTC 2022

Hi all,

I will shortly prepare a blog post which describes the situation in
more detail for a general audience but for the subscribers here is a
summary of the release status.

9.4.1-alpha2: The release is imminent, and fixes a number of packaging
issues identified with alpha1. Slightly delayed due to regression
involving deb9 toolchains. (Ben)

9.2.3: The release will follow shortly (within 1 week) after the
9.4.1-alpha2 release. Slightly delayed due to 9.4.1-alpha2 delay. (Zubin)

9.4.1: The target for the final release is end of July.

9.0.* series: We do not intend to do any more releases in the 9.0.* series.
 - The 9.2 series is more stable
 - The 9.2 series does not contain significant breakage (when
upgrading from 9.0)
 - Anecdotal evidence suggests users are upgrading straight from 8.10.7 to 9.2.2
 - We do not have capacity to manage 4 active branches.

Any thoughts, please reply promptly before I communicate these facts
with the community.

Best Wishes,

Matt