gitlab spam

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Tue May 17 16:08:09 UTC 2022

Moritz Angermann <moritz.angermann at gmail.com> writes:

> The second one is an issue if it consumes CI Ressource. Ideally we’d have
> only “blessed” repos allowed to consume CI. The issue with this is that
> (random) new users can’t fork GHC and have CI run against their change.
>
> I’d still very much like to see a solution to this; it is a security
> concern.

I have never seen a spam user attempt to use our CI infrastructure.
While I believe we could in principle disable CI for new users now since
this feature request has (AFAICT) been implemented [1], I am a bit
reluctant to do so unless there is actual evidence of abuse.

Cheers,

- Ben

[1] https://gitlab.com/groups/gitlab-org/-/epics/3278