downloading ghc head version

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:08:18 UTC 2022

Hi,

I am trying to set up a CI for ghc head version. I am not sure what is
the official supported method to install a nightly/head version of
GHC. haskell/actions/setup on github seems to support it via ghcup.
But it almost always fails, I saw it succeeding once till now. It
tries to download it from the following URL, but fails with 404 not
found:

downloading: https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/jobs/artifacts/master/raw/ghc-x86_64-deb9-linux-integer-simple.tar.xz?job=validate-x86_64-linux-deb9-integer-simple

I tried this link in the browser and I get the same error. Is that the
right way to install it? If not, can someone suggest a reliable way to
get the head version, other than building it myself?

Thanks,
Harendra