use Hadrian to see if compiler compiles?

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Mon Jan 24 22:28:32 UTC 2022

My recommendation: ./hadrian/ghci. The first time you run it, it may spin for a little while, but it will eventually deliver you to a GHCi prompt, with all of GHC loaded. (You can e.g. `:type splitTyConApp_maybe`, after `import GHC.Core.Type`.) At that point, :reload will be your dear friend. That's what I do when I'm doing e.g. module reorganization and care much more about "does it compile" than "does it work".

Richard