use Hadrian to see if compiler compiles?

Norman Ramsey nr at cs.tufts.edu
Mon Jan 24 22:02:05 UTC 2022

I'm currently doing some refactoring of the GHC sources, which
involves moving definitions between modules.  As a sanity check
I want to compile often, so if I've broken anything (or have inadvertently
created circular imports) I can find out quickly.  I'm currently using

  ./hadrian/build -j

but I really don't need to build libraries or a stage 2 compiler.
I tried looking over `./hadrian/build --help`, but I'm not confident
that I understand what's there.  My best guess is

  ./hadrian/build -j stage0:lib:ghc

Would that accomplish my goal?

Norman