the linters are killing me slowly

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Thu Feb 10 13:20:19 UTC 2022

> On Feb 10, 2022, at 3:25 AM, Sven Tennie <sven.tennie at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> What do you think about the idea of having a Hadrian target ready-for-ci (or something like this) that would run all simple checks?

That could work. But my experience with the current linters is that local execution gives different results than the execution in CI. Somehow, the CI execution is clever enough to flag only new breakages (or breakages in files that have been touched, perhaps), whereas when I've run existing linters locally, I get a slew of reports that are unrelated to my work.

I suppose the same problem could come up if the linters are in the testsuite, though.

Richard