Shadowing in toIface* output

Simon Peyton Jones simon.peytonjones at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:28:00 UTC 2022

 So does that mean Tidy produces unique `occNameFS`s, and then `Prep`
breaks them?

Tidy does not produce unique OccNames.  Rather, it avoids *shadowing*, so
that if you delete all the uniques and print out the program (which is
precisely what happens in an .hi file) you'll still get something sensible.

I'm not sure whether or not Prep maintains this invariant.  There is no
particular reason it should.  It might, but it is not (currently) a goal.

Simon