Exact Print Annotations : Anchor in a SrcSpan

Alan & Kim Zimmerman alan.zimm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 16:19:28 UTC 2021

I agree on not re-using accidentally available structures.  But it got me
thinking that maybe the BufSpan could be something else.

I’m somewhat confused by the fact that we agreed to do it post-merge, but
> all further work has been in some other direction.
>
> My work since the merge has been on consolidating the actual use-case for
the exact print annotations, which means making sure that the (still
external) ghc-exactprint library is still able to support the existing
use-cases.  My current driver for that is porting retrie[1] to use it,
which has brought up the changes that I have been doing to GHC recently.

Once that is done, I plan to update the in-tree exact printing to match,
and then contemplate actioning plan B.

Alan

[1] https://github.com/alanz/retrie/tree/ghc-9.2