build-system design document: how relevant is it now?

Norman Ramsey nr at cs.tufts.edu
Fri Oct 22 19:49:46 UTC 2021

I'm trawling the GHC wiki looking for things that will help
me understand how the build system works and what might need
to change for cross-compilation.  I stumbled across
https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/wikis/design/build-system
which git helpfully tells me dates from 2008.  I assume that
none of it is relevant any longer.

In its current form, the page seems only likely to confuse future
contributors.  I'd rather not leave things that way.  Does the page
have archival value?  Is there a directory of legacy pages to which I
should move it?  Or shall I just delete the current text and replace
it with a short note?  Or what?

Norman