help validating a modified compiler?

Richard Eisenberg lists at richarde.dev
Mon Oct 11 20:05:32 UTC 2021

Speaking for myself: I have not validated locally for quite a while. I just rely on CI. You can mark an MR as a "Draft" to avoid triggering a review.

Instead of validating locally, I tend to just run the testsuite on the built GHC. This can be done with hadrian/build test -j<however many processors you have>. (You might want --flavour=<xyz> and --freeze1 --freeze2 there, too, to prevent recompilation.) Then I leave it to CI to do the full job.

Richard