Productivity Tip from mpickering

Matthew Pickering matthewtpickering at gmail.com
Wed May 26 11:47:28 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am now using a new flavour combination which is proving *very* nice
as a compromise between fast recompiles and passing tests.

My normal build command is now:

./hadrian/build --flavour=default+no_profiled_libs+omit_pragmas --freeze1 -j

This has the effect of

* base libraries are compiled with optimisation
* Profiling libraries are not built
* Stage 1 compiler is compiled with -O + -fomit-interface-pragmas, so
recompilation behaviour is much better.

The end result is a nearly clean testsuite run (I think there are two
failures) but much faster iterations when modifying `compiler/*`.

Cheers,

Matt