GHC head, profiling with -O2 does not work

Harendra Kumar harendra.kumar at gmail.com
Mon May 24 00:36:12 UTC 2021

Hi,

I am trying to build a small program with profiling using a ghc built from
haskell gitlab master branch. When I use -O2 I run into:

$ ghc/inplace/bin/ghc-stage2 --make -O2 -prof -fprof-auto -rtsopts Main.hs
Linking Main ...
./StreamD.o(.text+0x1b9f2): error: undefined reference to
'StreamK_mkStreamFromStream_HPC_cc'
./MArray.o(.text+0xbe83): error: undefined reference to
'StreamK_mkStreamFromStream_HPC_cc'
Main.o(.text+0x6fdb): error: undefined reference to
'StreamK_mkStreamFromStream_HPC_cc'
`cc' failed in phase `Linker'. (Exit code: 1)

It builds fine without the -O2 option. On ghc-8 it builds fine even with
-O2. Is that a bug in the head GHC or just something to do with how I built
it?

Thanks,
Harendra