Build failure -- missing dependency? Help!

Viktor Dukhovni ietf-dane at dukhovni.org
Mon Mar 15 16:28:42 UTC 2021

On Mon, Mar 15, 2021 at 06:44:20AM -0400, Viktor Dukhovni wrote:

> ..., the FreeBSD "validate --legacy"
> successfully builds GHC.  [ The tests seem to all be failing, perhaps
> the test driver scripts are not portable to FreeBSD, but previously
> the compiler was not building. ]

FWIW, the tests seem to fail for two reasons:

1.  The "install   dir" and "test   space" directories don't
    appear to be handled correctly.  I had to drop the spaces.

2.  On FreeBSD many tests run into the dreaded:

    unhandled ELF relocation(RelA) type 19

Can anyone versed in Elf internals help with:

    https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/19086

--
    Viktor.