Slowing down churn in master prior to 9.2 freeze

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sat Feb 13 02:12:23 UTC 2021

Hi all,

Since we are in the final weeks of preparation before the 9.2 branch it
would be appreciated if we could refrain from pushing work that
isn't either a bug-fix or release-critical feature starting next week,
especially where the work requires coordination across submodules.

At the moment we have quite a backlog in the merge queue, with a number
of dependent patches touching submodules. Consequently, I am a tad
worried that the three weeks of runway that we currently have may prove
to be insufficient unless we try to keep the merge traffic down.

I suggest that we set the milestone of non-release-critical patches to
%9.4.1 instead of assigning @marge-bot to allow merging to easily
proceed after the branch is cut.

Cheers,

- Ben