GHC Reading Guide

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Fri Feb 5 15:08:33 UTC 2021

A quick scroll through didn't reveal anything incorrect in my areas of expertise.

On the "Dump intermediate languages" slide, you might want to mention these flags:
 -fprint-explicit-kinds: print out kind applications
 -fprint-explicit-coercions: print out details of coercions
 -fprint-typechecker-elaboration: print out extra gubbins the type-checker inserts
 -fprint-explicit-runtime-reps: don't simplify away RuntimeRep arguments

 -ddump-ds-preopt: print out the desugared Core before the very first "simple" optimization pass

Thanks for writing & sharing!
Richard