Searching on GitLab
rae at richarde.dev
Sat Nov 7 22:19:22 UTC 2020
Some time ago, I set up a keyword bookmark (https://www-archive.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/keywords.html <https://www-archive.mozilla.org/docs/end-user/keywords.html>) to search in tickets and MRs, by using a Google "site:gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/ <http://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/> %s" query. About a year ago, I noticed that the quality of results decreased to the point of uselessness, and I started to use GitLab's built-in search. This works fine, but it's not as good as Google's. Today, I discovered why the quality went down: GitLab changed its URLs. Previously, a ticket lived at e.g. gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/1234 <http://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/issues/1234>. Today, it lives at gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/1234 <http://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/issues/1234>. GitLab automatically redirects from the former to the latter, so old links/bookmarks still work great. But Google's search doesn't! The solution was easy: just update my keyword bookmarks to include the extra /-. Better search results, cooked up fresh. Perhaps you want some, too -- hence this email.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ghc-devs