Status of #10071 (class method deprecations)

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Fri Nov 6 20:02:15 UTC 2020

My take (not authoritative) is that some good ideas were floated, but nothing was decided on. Given that we now have a proper process for deciding on new features, I think we should use it, and go via a proposal. Note that I've fixed the link in the original description to point to https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/-/wikis/design/deprecation-mechanisms/type-class-methods

Richard