Getting the inferred types of TH's UnboundVarEs

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Fri Mar 20 09:55:33 UTC 2020

> On Mar 19, 2020, at 5:31 PM, Sandy Maguire <sandy at sandymaguire.me> wrote:
>
> The world will be a much better place when TTG is finished and we have ghc-as-an-easy-to-use-library

As much as any software is ever "finished", I'd say TTG is finished. That is, I think the structure is ready for us to consider e.g. Introspective Template Haskell (https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/template-haskell/introspective <https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/template-haskell/introspective>), which may be what you were thinking of when you wrote the sentence above. This would be a good deal of work, but I think it would move us forward nicely, and I think it's a reasonable time to contemplate doing this, if one were motivated.

Richard