intent to enable 2fa requirement for github.com/haskell org

Carter Schonwald carter.schonwald at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 14:55:29 UTC 2020

@ Simon: you already have 2fa enabled, youre not on the list of users who
do *not* have 2fa enabled. Its just an extra login prompt the first time
you login from a new device or do anything in the "are you sure you want to
do that change".

SO enabling 2fa is largely invisible to contributors aside from the 5
minutes to setup, and the message i sent out directly to every person who
would be impacted that hasn't already replied to this email thread listed a
number of options that could choose (though i should have also included a
url, but if anyones confused i hope they ask and I can help)

@richard  indeed, this is why i also directly and individually emailed
every member/contributor of the github haskell org individually (who
doesnt have 2fa setup).  Some of them dont have an easy to track down email
address!  Basically everyone who's been active in the past two years has
responded already or indicated they'll set it up this coming weekend.  (in
1-2 cases, it helped remind that they'd forgotten to setup 2fa even though
they had planned to )