Find constraints over type

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 16 18:47:36 UTC 2020

There is definitely no pure way to get from ‘a’ to its constraints.

  *   It is far from clear what “its constraints” are.   Is (C a b) such a constraint?  C [a] b?  What about superclasses?
  *   Constraints vary depending on where  you are.  GADT matches can bring into scope extra constraints on existing type variables.

So as Ben says, to give a sensible response you’ll need to explain more about your goal

Simon