[ANNOUNCE] Glasgow Haskell Compiler 8.10.2 released
ben at well-typed.com
Sat Aug 8 19:45:08 UTC 2020
The GHC team is happy to announce the release of GHC 8.10.2. Source
and binary distributions are available at the usual place:
GHC 8.10.2 fixes a number of issues in present in GHC 8.10.1 including:
* Fixes a bug in process creation on Windows (#17926).
* Fixes a code generation bug resulting in incorrect code
generation for foreign calls with complex arguments (#18527)
* Fixes a bug causing object merging to fail when the lld linker is in
* Introduces a workaround for a Linux kernel bug in the implementation
of the timerfd mechanism (#18033).
* Fixes a few specialiser regressions (#17810, #18120) as well
introduces a variety of miscellaneous specialiser improvements
(#16473, #17930, #17966)
* Fixes a potential loss of sharing due to left operator sections (#18151).
* Fix bootstrapping of GHC with the LLVM backend on x86-64 (#17920).
* A few important correctness fixes for the low-latency garbage
collector. Users of `--nonmoving-gc` are strongly encouraged to upgrade
Note that at the moment we still require that macOS Catalina users
exempt the binary distribution from the notarization requirement by
running `xattr -cr .` on the unpacked tree before running `make install`.
This situation will hopefully be improved for GHC 9.0.1 with the
resolution of #17418 .
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ghc-devs