Question about binary distributions

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 16:05:44 UTC 2020

It's only relocatable given some assumptions which are violated by
various distributions (AIX was already mentioned; and the bin and lib
directories may not be next to each other with some distributions'
preferred configurations). Basically the configure mechanism gives us
some flexibility not otherwise available, without requiring a full
build from source (which is fairly involved and requires an existing
ghc).