fragile tests

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Thu Sep 26 14:00:49 UTC 2019

Richard Eisenberg <rae at richarde.dev> writes:

> Hi devs,
>
> I believe threadstatus-9333 is more fragile than it's listed as. See
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/163182
> <https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/163182>, where I haven't
> been anywhere near this area of the code...

Yes, you are correct; I fixed this earlier this week in !1789.

> Also, on a separate test, I found that compact_gc got killed. See
> https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/163526
> <https://gitlab.haskell.org/rae/ghc/-/jobs/163526>.

Hmm, it looks like it timed out in the ghci way. I would guess that the
interpreter is simply too slow. Looking back at the test tracking
database it seems this failure has only occurred twice since we started
tracking.

I have opened #17253 to track this and will mark the way as fragile.

Cheers,

- Ben