Can someone help my test my MR on *BSD?

John Ericson john.ericson at obsidian.systems
Thu Sep 12 22:41:42 UTC 2019

MR !1699 deletes some code in the compiler about passing -l flags for
the RTS. This is a layer violation and hopefully a useless one; the RTS
config file in the package db lists external library dependencies just
like any other package so the -l flags should be included because that
alone.

CI passes, so everything works on Linux, Darwin, and Windows. Ben Gamari
wanted to double check the behavior on the *BSDs, since the HAVE_*
configure results might reasonably vary there. I got a FreeBSD VM and
started installing the requisite ports, but I've never used any BSD
before and don't have much time to learn it---say how to stop to the TUI
pop-ups that prevent me building everything overnight. If someone with
an up-and-running development environment could quickly give this change
a spin, that would be much appreciated.

Fingers crossed, and thanks in advanced,

John

P.S. If said BSD angel wants to contribute a machine for the official
CI, so neither me or anyone else is tempted to bug them again, that
would also be great :)

!1699: https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/merge_requests/1699/diffs