Urgent: git problem

Bryan Richter b at chreekat.net
Wed Oct 23 16:36:03 UTC 2019

I suspect a git fetch --prune might help. It looks like git's mapping of
remote branches to a directory tree has caused a conflict between new and
stale branches: ../rae/... can't be a directory if it's already a file!

If that still doesn't work (if it tries to record new branches before
deleting stale ones), you'd have to muck around in .git/refs/remotes and
remove the files manually.