[ANNOUNCE] Glasgow Haskell Compiler 8.10.1-alpha1 released
ben at well-typed.com
Sun Nov 24 21:08:53 UTC 2019
The GHC team is happy to announce the availability of the first alpha
release in the GHC 8.10 series. Source and binary distributions are
available at the usual place:
GHC 8.10.1 will bring a number of new features including:
* The new UnliftedNewtypes extension allowing newtypes around unlifted
* The new StandaloneKindSignatures extension allows users to give
top-level kind signatures to type, type family, and class
* A new warning, -Wderiving-defaults, to draw attention to ambiguous
* A number of improvements in code generation, including changes
* A new GHCi command, :instances, for listing the class instances
available for a type.
* An upgraded Windows toolchain lifting the MAX_PATH limitation
* Improved support profiling, including support for sending profiler
samples to the eventlog, allowing correlation between the profile and
other program events
This release marks the beginning of the 8.10 pre-release cycle. The next
alpha release will be in roughly two weeks. This next alpha will likely
be the last release before the release candidate in late December. If
all goes well the final release will be cut roughly two weeks after the
candidate, in mid-January.
This being an alpha release, there are a few issues that are still
* The new Alpine Linux binary distribution is not present due to an
apparent correctness issue ; any help Alpine users can offer here
would be greatly appreciated.
* We have yet to sort out compliance with Apple's notarization
requirements  which will be likely be necessary for users of
* There is an issue with the users guide build that has yet to be
* There are a couple of non-regression correctness issues which we plan
to fix for the final 8.10.1 but are not fixed in this release.
* Debian 10 builds are not yet available.
Please do test this release and let us know if you encounter any other
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 487 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the ghc-devs