Discussion: Hadrian's defaults

Phyx lonetiger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 06:47:36 UTC 2019

Agreed, I was also an opponent of -c as the default, and as you pointed out
it only works for the case where the default is used. But even if the
defaults are used it is still harmful to do it automatically as the user's
environment could have changed resulting in different configure output if
you automatically rerun it.

Not only isn't there a sane UX for this, there isn't even a safe way to do
this.

Sent from my Mobile