[ambiguous occurrence bug?]

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 18:35:04 UTC 2019

I'm guessing, but I suspect currently the only way to look up a symbol
either requires explicit qualification of the symbol name or that the
symbol be part of a class or instance declaration that implicitly qualifies
method and associated type names. So for the implicit export list to
retrieve the local symbol definition, it would have to explicitly request
the local one instead of simply passing the name. (But getting the local
names, without their definitions, wouldn't hit this. Maybe that should
return explicitly qualified names, but I could see that causing problems
with ghci; consider ":browse". And that it already handles qualification
somewhat oddly because multiple modules can be in scope; "import" doesn't
mean quite the same thing in ghci as in ghc, and can't without making its
interactive use rather more painful when multiple modules are in scope.)

--
brandon s allbery kf8nh
allbery.b at gmail.com