Trac to GitLab migration underway

Simon Peyton Jones simonpj at microsoft.com
Mon Mar 11 08:58:53 UTC 2019

|  I'm happy to announce that the ticket and issue import processes are now
|  complete and gitlab.haskell.org is back online. There are still a few
|  final steps remaining which I will be carrying out over the next few
|  days:

Great!  I'm sure it'll help to have everything in one place.

Can I ask

* That the old ticket repo be put in read-only mode.  I've just modified the old #16344, but I should have modified the new one.

* Back on the tickets front, how do I record the test cases(s) for a ticket?

* How do I record the MR for a ticket?  (When it has one.)

* That the banner (on the wiki at least) saying "This site has been deprecated and is in read-only mode" should describe how to get to the corresponding URL on the new wiki. Eg. say "If you are trying to access https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/<page>, the new URL is "https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/<page>".

* Where has https://ghc.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/RichardAndSimon gone?  The corresponding URL on the new wiki doesn't exist.

* How can I list the title index on the new wiki?

* I have lots of pages like this one https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc/wikis/proposal/custom-type-errors that list the tickets relevant to a particular keyword.  (Now "label" I think?)   But tat page is now lying: it claims to list current open tickets, but actually it's a frozen snapshot.  What should I do?

Thanks

Simon