git clone https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc.git on travis doesn't work

Oleg Grenrus oleg.grenrus at iki.fi
Sat Mar 9 16:41:03 UTC 2019

I can reproduce that problem on Ubuntu 14.04 which Travis uses now by
default.
It's "fixed" in Ubuntu 16.04. Use

    dist: xenial

and your travis build should proceed.

---

Ubuntu 14.04

root at 6f98cdde6521:/# git clone https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ci-images.git
Cloning into 'ci-images'...
fatal: unable to access 'https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ci-images.git/':
gnutls_handshake() failed: Handshake failed

Ubuntu 16.04

root at a66b1076e2f8:/#  git clone https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ci-images.git
Cloning into 'ci-images'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 110, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (110/110), done.
Receiving objects: 100% (110/110), 17.14 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (49/49), done.
Checking connectivity... done.

---

- Oleg