git clone https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc.git on travis doesn't work

Ben Gamari ben at well-typed.com
Sat Mar 9 06:22:51 UTC 2019

Shayne Fletcher via ghc-devs <ghc-devs at haskell.org> writes:

> I appreciate this isn't really "our" problem :) Nonetheless, if there's any
> config we can do on the repo on gitlab, that would be cool. Other URLs
> (like github) for example are fine - something specific to gitlab.

I feel like I'm missing something here. I recall you mentioned this in
your previous message but there I'm still lacking crucial context. Can
you offer any additional details? How exactly does it fail?

In principle there is no reason why cloning from gitlab.haskell.org from
Travis shouldn't work. I'd be happy to fix the issue if there is one but
without knowing more I'm pretty powerless to change the situation.

Cheers,

- Ben