Cloning

Artem Pelenitsyn a.pelenitsyn at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 09:04:44 UTC 2019

Dear Simon,

In order for submodules to work, you still have to jump through the main
repo. That is,

git clone --recursive https://gitlab.haskell.org/ghc/ghc tdammers
cd tdammers
git remote add tdammers git at gitlab.haskell.org:tdammers/ghc.git
git checkout tdammers some-branch

Dear ghc-devs,
More generally, I'm actually wondering, why GHC's .gitsubmodules use
relative paths.  Why not make them absolute?

--
Best wishes,
Artem