Typed hole improvements

David Feuer david.feuer at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 17:36:41 UTC 2019

I've been playing around with 8.6.3, and I've really been appreciating the
improvements in typed hole messages. Both the information about constraints
and the suggestions for filling the holes have proven valuable in heavily
typish programming. Thanks! One thing that's still not where I'd like it to
be is the equality constraint display. I recognize this is a Hard Problem.
But digging through something like

  x ~ C y z
  x ~ C y1 z2
  D p b ~ q z y1

to get b ~ y gets tiresome. Is there room for improvement here? If not, are
there any programs around using the GHC API to offer an interactive system
for such calculations? It'd be quite helpful when seeing such constraints
to be able to express special interest in a particular type variable, for
example.