a better workflow?

Richard Eisenberg rae at richarde.dev
Wed Jul 24 13:03:17 UTC 2019

> On Jul 23, 2019, at 10:48 PM, Daniel Gröber <dxld at darkboxed.org> wrote:
>
> I don't think you ever mentioned -- are you already using `git
> worktree` to get multiple source checkouts or are you working off a
> single build tree? I find using it essential to reducing context
> switching overhead.

This is a good point. No, I'm not currently. Some post I read (actually, I think the manpage) said that `git worktree` and submodules don't mix, so I got scared off. Regardless, I don't think worktree will solve my problem exactly. It eliminates the annoyance of shuttling commits from one checkout to another, but that's not really a pain point for me. (Yes, it's a small annoyance, but I hit it only rarely, and it's quick to sort out.) Perhaps I'm missing something though about worktree that will allow more, e.g., sharing of build products. Am I?

Thanks!
Richard